How Well Do You Know Washington D.C. Geography?
Before you know where you are in D.C., you should know where it is. What two states does Washington D.C. lie between?
- Virginia and West Virginia
- Pennsylvania and Delaware
- Maryland and Virginia
- Delaware and Maryland
- Liquid and Gas
D.C. has the worst rush hour traffic in the nation. What's the name of the highway that goes around D.C. in a loop?
- The Beltway
- District Highway
Washington is on the water. What river runs along D.C.'s southern border?
- The Potomac
- The Anacostia
- The Susquehanna
- The Baltimore and Ohio
You won't get very far in D.C. without using the Metro. What are the names of the Metro lines?
- Red, Orange, Green, Blue, Yellow, and Silver
- Washington, Adams, Jefferson, Madison, and Monroe
- A, B, C, D, E, 1, 2, 3, and 4
- Delaware, Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Virginia, and Carolina
Let's move on from trains to planes. Which two international airports are closest to D.C.?
- Andrews Air Force Base (AAFB) and D.C. International (DCI)
- Newport News (PHF) and George Washington Universal (GWU)
- Philadelphia (PHL) and Norfolk (ORF)
- Dulles (IAD) and Baltimore/Washington (BWI)
D.C. streets are in a grid system, but there are also avenues that run at diagonals. What are these avenues named for?
- Nations of the world
- U.S. States
- Major cities
- U.S. Presidents
Washington D.C. wasn't built in one day — it was built according to a plan. What's the name of the architect who designed the city's layout?
- Marquis de Lafayette
- George Washington
- George Washington Carver
- Pierre L'Enfant
The White House, Capitol, and Supreme Court may be the heights of power, but, geographically speaking, what's the highest point in Washington, D.C.?
- The top of The Giant at Haynes Point
- The point of the Washington Monument
- The Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception
- The roof of the tower at the top of the National Cathedral
D.C. is divided into four quadrants - Northwest, Northeast, Southeast, and Southwest. What's at the center of these four quadrants?
- The Capitol
- The White House
- Ground Zero
- A plaque designating the geographic center of Washington, D.C.
Follow us for new quizzes!Follow us on Instagram
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter