Could You Pass Dining Etiquette 101?
You need a dash of salt, but it is on the other side of the table. You should...
- Text the person closest to it to pass it to you
- Reach over and grab it
- Ask someone to pass it
- Ask the host to get it for you
While at a dinner party, you've been served your steak, but the vegetarians are still waiting on their veggies. When do you dig in?
- Depends on how long the veggies will take
- Only when I start to drool
- Until the veggies are served
A right-handed person is cutting through a thick, juicy fillet - with which hand should they be holding their fork?
You've been seated at a fancy restaurant. What should you do with the cloth napkin sitting next to your plate?
- Shake it open and lay it on my lap
- Unfold it and lay it on my lap
- Blow my nose with it
- Wear it like a bib
Besides the extended family of silverware next to your plate, sometimes you'll find a couple above it. What are they used for?
- For salads
- For the sauces
- For dessert and coffee
- For the peas, and only the peas
The bread basket is being passed around but the slices are too big. What do you do?
- Cut a slice in half and leave the other half in the basket
- Take a whole slice anyway and eat what I can
- Take a bite out of a slice and put the rest back in the basket
- Ask my neighbor if they want to split a slice
Your fingers are covered in hot sauce from eating wings. What's the appropriate way to clean them?
- Dip them in the water goblet
- That's why I wore a dark red shirt
- Excuse myself and wash my hands in the restroom
- Lick my fingers then wipe them clean with the napkin
When passing food, you should always pass to the...
You're visiting a foreign country and your host just served a meal. You have no idea what it is or how to eat it. You...
- Ask, "what IS this?"
- Look around to see how others are eating it
- Ask for directions to the nearest McDonalds
- Take a bite and hope for the best
Wine is being poured, but you're beyond drunk already. How do you indicate that you no morre can haive the alqcohol?
- Place two knives in the shape of an X on top of the glass
- Turn my glass upside down
- Yell "I'm never drinking again!" and then begin texting my exes
- Place my hand over the rim