Which of these is the title of a famous John Steinbeck novel?
- "Of Mice and Men"
- "Of Rats and Hens"
- "Of Cats and Ladies"
- "Of Donkeys and Monkeys"
"Call me Ishmael" is the beginning of which "Great American Novel"?
- "Ishmael" by Daniel Quinn
- "Sister Carrie" by Theodore Dreiser
- "Moby-Dick" by Herman Melville
- "War and Peace" by Leo Tolstoy
What was author Mark Twain's real birth name?
- Mark Twain Eisenberg
- Samuel Langhorne Clemens
- Cantwell Faulkner Muckenfuss III
- Mary Kate Wain
Who wrote "To Kill a Mockingbird" and its recent sequel, "Go Set a Watchman"?
- Atticus Finch
- Boo Radley
- Harper Lee
- Mayella Ewell
Which of the following writers is best known as a poet?
- John Dos Passos
- Edith Wharton
- H. L. Mencken
- Emily Dickinson
Which two authors wrote "Invisible Man" and "The Invisible Man"?
- J.D. Salinger and J.K. Rowling
- Jonathan Franzen and L. Ron Hubbard
- F. Scott Fitzgerald and R.L. Stine
- Ralph Ellison and H.G. Wells
Which William Faulkner novel draws its title from Shakespeare's "Macbeth"?
- "The Sound and The Fury"
- "Absalom, Absalom!"
- "As I Lay Dying"
- "Light in August"
Who was the last American to win the Nobel Prize in Literature?
- Jonathan Franzen
- Toni Morrison
- Upton Sinclair
- Michael Chabon
What American event from his own life inspired Arthur Miller to write "The Crucible"?
- The Civil War and Reconstruction
- McCarthyism and the Red Scare
- The burning of Joan of Arc at the stake
- A really long wedding he attended
Complete the quote from Margaret Mitchell's novel "Gone With the Wind": My dear, I don't give...
- ...money to panhandlers.
- ...up easy.
- ...my heart to just anyone.
- ...a damn.